Call For Papers
Journal of Mental Health and Addiction Nursing: Call for Papers
The Journal of Mental Health and Addiction Nursing (JMHAN) publishes research and scholarly contributions that inform the development, implementation, and evaluation of practice, research, education, leadership, and policy relevant to nurses engaged in mental health and addictions nursing. Emphasis is placed on nursing-led knowledge and innovation that will assist in preventing and managing conditions that predispose vulnerability of persons, communities, and populations experiencing mental health problems or illnesses.
JMHAN strives to provide a platform for researchers, academicians, professionals, practitioners, system leaders, service managers, decision-makers, and students to impart and share knowledge in the form of high-quality research papers, case studies, evidence/research syntheses (such as systematic reviews, meta-analyses, realist syntheses), comparative policy analyses, policy syntheses, and book reviews.
JMHAN is seeking quality articles related to all aspects of mental health and addiction as it relates to nursing.
Possible article topics:
• Recovery-oriented approaches to care and service
• Trauma-informed care
• Concurrent disorders and dual diagnosis
• Mental health promotion
• Mental illness prevention and management
• Early detection and intervention
• Services and system support of family caregivers of adults with mental health problems and illnesses
• Mental health literacy
• Capacity and informed consent
• Care and services for at-risk populations
• Harm reduction
• Seniors’ mental health
• Indigenous peoples’ mental health
• Veterans’ mental health
• Refugee mental health
• Adolescent mental health
To submit an article or for further information, please visit our website